June 1, 2020
In just over nine months of launching our new podcast show – “Smart Business Solutions” – GBS has exceeded 1,000 total unique downloads. This is an accomplishment that we as a company are extremely proud of!
As podcasting continues to grow and gain in popularity, the number of shows and amount of content available to listeners is greater today than ever. According to PodcastHosting.org, a site that compiles and reports statistics on the current podcast industry, there are now more than 1 million podcast shows and 29 million episodes available for consumers to listen to. This is an absolutely staggering amount of content, especially when you consider that there are more than 30 times the amount of podcast shows available than there are movies and television shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Disney, HBO and Showtime combined!
With all of this content available to listeners, it’s easy for a new show to get lost in the media mix. But thanks to the entire GBS team, we’ve been able to carve out a niche in the business show market and establish a reputation for providing educational episodes and smart, meaningful solutions to companies of all sizes and industries.
Other statistics that show the growth and penetration of podcasts include:
- 75% of the US population is familiar with the term “podcasting”
- 50% of all US homes are podcast fans
- 16 million people in the US consider themselves to be “avid podcast fans”
- 55% (155 million) of the US population has listened to a podcast
- 37% (104 million) listen to podcasts at least once every month
- 24% (68 million) listen to podcasts on a weekly basis
- 80% of all listeners are between the ages of 12-54
- 74% of podcast users listen to podcasts to learn something new.
- There are currently 19 different genres of podcast shows, with comedy, education and news being the most popular.
If you have not listened to our show yet, we encourage you to do so. We currently have more than 20 episodes published on relevant business topics ranging from technology, healthcare, print and labeling, data security, brand protection and credit unions.
New episodes are being produced on a regular basis, and can be found here or by searching “GBS” on iTunes, iHeartRadio, Google, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, Pocket Casts, Radio.com and libsyn.com. You can also follow the show on Twitter (@SmartGBS) and Instagram (smart_business_solutions) for updates on previous and new episodes.