Responsible for PC/Network administration functions for all desktop, departmental and enterprise systems across all business units. Provide admin support for all aspects of the enterprise’s IT / IS infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the System Administrators to install, maintain and support LAN and WAN infrastructure: physical layer, switches, routers, servers, MPLS, Internet T-1’s, point-to-point T-1’s, broadband and network operating systems (Windows 10, 7, 2012, 2016, VMWare, etc.).
- Assist the System Administrators to install, maintain and support network services: e-mail (Office 365 and Unix Sendmail), DNS, DHCP, wireless, file and print (Windows, Unix), backups (ArcServe, Unix, Veeam), virus protection and spyware (Proactive).
- Assist the System Administrators in managing and configuring Virtualization infrastructure servers and hosts. VMware’s vSphere 5.1 and newer.
- Assist the System Administrators to install, maintain and support security infrastructure: firewalls (Cisco) and VPN’s (Cisco ASA Firewalls and Routers).
- Assist with the support and maintenance of Web services using IIS on Windows-based servers that promote the company’s presence and e-services over the internet.
- Assist with the support of telecommunication systems: Toshiba, Fonality, PBXs, voice mail servers and telephones.
- Assist the System Administrators to manage, configure and support cellular phones for Enterprise.
- Provide level 2 support to the Application Support Specialist and other System Administrators in order to support the end users in the areas of hardware, OS, applications or infrastructure. This includes supporting users in local and remote offices and plants in the areas of: PC’s (hardware/OS), applications (Office, MyGBS/MyComm, SharePoint, misc. apps), and printers (dot matrix, laser).
- Provide a high level of customer service to all of the business units.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- Good communication skills including verbal, written, interpersonal, and listening.
- Experience working with PC hardware and components, including troubleshooting, configuring and installing new components.
- Experience working with PC and Server software applications, including Windows OS’s (Windows XP through 10), Outlook, Office Suite of applications (Word, Excel, etc.), VMware
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and implementing printers (dot matrix, laser)
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting and implementing firewalls, routers and switches.
- Experience in configuring, troubleshooting network LAN and WAN infrastructures
- Working knowledge of Windows’ Server Platforms, all versions.
- Working knowledge of Exchange Server as well as Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud version.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? NO
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? NO
Are there other non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? NO
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a system administration or technical support role.
- The following certificates are desired but not required:
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP
- Microsoft’s MCSE