The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of the building and all equipment in the Stow Operation. Must perform duties in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, as well as GBS policies and procedures. Safety and quality are necessary attitudes for this position. The Maintenance Mechanic requires a thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair equipment in a timely manner in the case of breakdowns.
- Maintains and repairs all aspects relating to the building.
- In cooperation with production and quality develops, implements, performs and records scheduled preventive maintenance of equipment when necessary.
- May be involved in training hourly and salaried employees on procedures for maintaining equipment in their areas.
- Maintains a well-stocked and orderly work area.
- In cooperation with purchasing, orders parts as needed from various resources using the telephone, computer and fax machine.
- Completes requested repairs in a timely and efficient manner. Records date completed.
- Attend monthly safety committee meetings
- Support the Business System and the Quality Mission Statement
- Maintain JHAs for current and future equipment.
- Responsible for Lock out/Tag out Program in combination with Human Resource.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- High School diploma or GED
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong mechanical background and aptitude
- Strong electrical background and aptitude
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work with all necessary tools
- Must be able to work as a team player
- Strong math skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or greater
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Are there other non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS