GBS Corp. is looking to hire a road warrior! The ideal candidate will enjoy having diverse office settings in various places; able to travel upwards of 50-75% of their time. This employee will be able to articulate through engaging communication methods to train new clients on various lines of healthcare products. We are excited to welcome the newest member of our team, soon.
Position is for a qualified Software Technician to install, maintain and repair GBS Software for customers. You will troubleshoot GBS software, printers, computers and networks in a windows environment. You will interact with customers and their IT departments to troubleshoot GBS software and provide technical support as needed.
In this position you will be well-versed in computer systems and network functions. The ideal candidate will be able to work diligently and accurately with end users, technical staff, and will possess a great problem-solving ability to fix issues and ensure functionality.
Position requires travel up to 75% to perform onsite training and go-live support for end users.
Position is primarily a telecommute role, but in office time may be required regularly.
The goal is to install and maintain high quality software at customer sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone or Web
- Install, configure and manage software on customer systems, both remote and onsite
- Identify challenges and escalate to next level support
- Able to re-mediate challenges with solutions provided by next level support
- Rotate On-Call duty with other staff members for GBS Healthcare products and services
- Deploy software for test and production uses
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from non-technical or technical customers alike
- Provide timely, efficient and positive follow up to user questions or issues
- Document all incidents and keep accurate, detailed records of work activities and manage incidents to closure
- Build and maintain knowledge of current GBS products and offerings
- Assist in testing new software functionality prior to release
- Assist in generating training materials and customer facing documentation
- Perform training on GBS software to end-user customers both remotely and on-site
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- Excellent communication skills to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with customers, partners, and company contacts
- Ability to interact with technical users, and non-technical end users in person
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Experience with MS SQL Server (T-SQL), and/or relational databases to query and report data from systems as needed
- Language proficiency with SQL, PowerShell and VBScript.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Strong understanding of Windows print subsystem and printer drivers & configuration
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products and Office 365
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple and simultaneous projects and meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Business and/or computer degree and/or 2-5 years equivalent experience
- Certification and/or equivalent experience working with Microsoft operating systems, specifically Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Ability to travel as required up to 75%
- Familiarity with Hospital and/or Clinical settings preferred
GBS Corp. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.