This position is designed to create a career path for the Business Development Associate to advance to a Sr. Business Development, Marketing Associate, Social Media Coordinator, or a Sales Account Executive role. GBS expects an employee to spend a minimum of one year as a Business Development Associate (BDA) prior to advancing. Assist in sales/marketing/business development activities necessary to generate leads and sales revenue for GBS Corporation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a thorough understanding and acknowledge the relevance of GBS products and services to the market.
- Promote and sell GBS Products and Services through all facets of business development, promotions, mass mailings and sales letters.
- Conduct Business Development calls to promote products and uncover interested Prospects that will flow through the sales process.
- Conduct Business Development calls to upsell GBS products and service to existing customers.
- Participate on the Social Media Committee to determine and establish procedures for creating a social media presence.
- As determined by the Social Media Committee, generate engaging content on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Glassdoor, Indeed, LinkedIn, and blog.
- Work closely with other team members to establish the editorial content calendar for social media platforms.
- Create, publish, and maintain content for relevance and brand connectivity for specific social media platform to drive high engagement, drive traffic to GBS’ website and other digital platforms, and converting followers into leads, customers, and promoters of GBS.
- Provide social media reporting monthly and work closely with internal partners for accuracy and vertical alignment.
- Analyze the long-term needs of the social media accounts strategy and outline any necessary changes to the Social Media Team.
- Utilization of Salesforce.com for documenting prospecting efforts and tracking client information.
- Utilize MS software programs for personal productivity on your computer. The programs are used for business development scripts, presentations and personal productivity.
- Participate in Sales Guide development/revisions with the Marketing and Sales Team to educate others on the products and services.
- Timely completion of all weekly and monthly reports and activities.
- Must meet minimum assigned business development and marketing activities and provide all requested activity reports to your manager.
- Assist Business Development and Marketing teams with specific projects, promotions, and marketing calls.
- Assist Marketing with digital marketing campaigns via our digital marketing software, Pardot, which includes creating, and managing campaigns, emails, landing pages, forms, etc.
- Assist sales representatives with the coordination of direct mail campaigns and seminars.
- Read brochures and education materials and attend system demonstrations in order to become intimately familiar with the various GBS products.
- Participates in sales events (e.g. trade shows, seminars), as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned and/or assume additional responsibilities as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements)
- Bachelor Degree – Business/Marketing or related experience.
- Understand business processes.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experienced in utilizing the PC, Microsoft Office and the internet for presentation, business software, project management, and all forms of communication.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with customers, partners, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational skills and follow-through.
- Business development experience preferred, but not required.
Does this job have supervisory responsibilities? No
Are there subordinate supervisors reporting to this job? No
Are there other non-supervisory employees who report directly to this job? No
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OTHER
None required, but any type of degree or certification would be desired.
|Job Category||Business Development Associate|